Afișez toate cele 18 rezultate
- Out of stock Racquel J. Gates examines the potential of so-called negative representations of African Americans in film and TV, from Coming to America to Basketball Wives and Empire, showing how such representatio...Istorie și identitate culturală
Double Negative: The Black Image and Popular CultureCatre Magazin
- Out of stock Central Americans are the third largest and fastest growing Latino population in the United States. And yet, despite their demographic presence, there has been little scholarship focused on this group...Istorie și identitate culturală
Constituting Central American-Americans: Transnational Identities and the Politics of DislocationCatre Magazin
- Out of stock Drawing from sources of ancient, classic, and contemporary literature, the author shows how European culture was derived from the older civilizations of Africa and Asia.
- Out of stock The fourth president of the United States, James Madison, and his wife, Dolley, stamped their influeIstorie și identitate culturală
African Americans in Culpeper, Orange, Madison and Rappahannock CountiesCatre Magazin
- Out of stock This intimate view into the life of Navajo weavers today is a must-read for textile enthusiasts, weavers, and those with an interest in Native American culture, history and traditions. Page…
- Out of stock How racism shapes urban spaces and how African Americans create vibrant communities that offer models for more equitable social arrangements Page dim. 227 x 151 x 21 Weight: 448 grams
- Out of stock This classic work by the distinguished economist traces the history of nine American ethnic groups,the Irish, Germans, Jews, Italians, Chinese, African-Americans, Puerto Ricans, and Mexicans. Page dim...
- Out of stock Over the years, there have been sad and tragic encounters of people with police officers in most cou
- Out of stock Due to devastating flooding in 2011, the US Army Corps of Engineers activated the Birds Point-New Madrid Floodwa, a levee breach intended to divert water in order to save the…Istorie și identitate culturală
When They Blew the Levee: Race, Politics, and Community in Pinhook, MissouriCatre Magazin
- Out of stock This collections of writings by revered Native Americans offers timeless, meaningful lessons and thought-provoking teachings on living and learning.
- Out of stock A Black mother's vision for radical parenting, showing how raising free and fearless children isIstorie și identitate culturală
We Live for the We: The Political Power of Black MotherhoodCatre Magazin
- Out of stock Imani Perry recenters patriarchy to contemporary discussions of feminism through a social and literary analysis of cultural artifacts-ranging from nineteenth-century slavery court cases and historical...
- Out of stock Alegal traces the trans-Pacific biopolitics between a postwar American empire of military bases and postcolonial Japan that secured Okinawa as a U.S. military fortress. It shows how both managed sex…Istorie și identitate culturală
Alegal: Biopolitics and the Unintelligibility of Okinawan LifeCatre Magazin
- Out of stock One of Britain's most highly acclaimed Black educators presents the history of Black radicalism, reclaiming it for the twenty-first century. Page dim. 219 x 148 x 32 Series: Blackness in…Istorie și identitate culturală
Back to Black: Retelling Black Radicalism for the 21st CenturyCatre Magazin
- Out of stock In this unique collection, some thirty Hopi elders reveal for the first time in written form the Hopi world-view.
- Out of stock In this pioneering study of slavery in colonial Ecuador and southern Colombia, Sherwin Bryant argues that the most fundamental dimension of slavery was governance and the extension of imperial power....Istorie și identitate culturală
Rivers of Gold, Lives of Bondage: Governing Through Slavery in Colonial QuitoCatre Magazin
- Out of stock Stephen Best offers a bold reappraisal of the critical assumptions that undergird black studies' use of the slave past as an explanatory prism for understanding the black political present, thereby…Istorie și identitate culturală
None Like Us: Blackness, Belonging, Aesthetic LifeCatre Magazin
- Out of stock Indigenous communities around the world are gathering to both reclaim and share their ancestral wisdIstorie și identitate culturală
A Clan Mother’s Call: Reconstructing Haudenosaunee Cultural MemoryCatre Magazin